Stats is an important piece of the blogging puzzle, as it allows you to track your blog's traffic and find out exactly what your audience is looking for. As such, integrated, real-time stats has been one of the most frequently requested features from our users. You can find more information about Blogger Stats in our earlier announcement; meanwhile, here are some quick highlights for you.
- Real-time tracking. Each time your blog is viewed, you can see the change on your stats almost immediately
- Insights about your audience. Top search keywords, countries, browsers, and more
- Great user interface. Beautiful, easy-to-read graphs and charts
After our initial launch to Blogger in Draft, we had some very helpful feedback and suggestions from you. Based on them, we've made improvements including the following:
- Self-view exclusion. Some of you wanted Blogger Stats to exclude your own pageviews, and now there's an option for that: On Stats | Overview, click on "Don't track your own pageviews" link (that's on the right side, under the pageview summary) and select the "Don't track..." option. We're also now excluding traffic coming from Blogger admin or Preview, providing more accurate pageview data.
- More effective bot traffic filtering. We've extended our list of known "bots" (the non-human visitors, such as crawlers), another measure to provide more accurate pageviews from real visitors.
- Rate-limiting visit counts from the same user. We now rate-limit repeated visits from the same user (real visitors or bots) above a certain threshold.
- Internationalization. Now Blogger Stats is available in more than 40 languages.
We hope you like the new Blogger Stats. By the way, there must be something good about August—not only is it our birth month, we've gone from four Admin Dashboard tabs to six, just this month alone! (The other new tab we've added this month was the Comments tab, which was another highly requested feature.) We still have some more ground to cover, but just wanted to say we're working really hard to deliver the features you've wanted to see on Blogger. Looking forward to seeing you all at the upcoming Meetup!
Recent Updates: Source (Blogger) - Gmail Blog - Google Blog - Chrome - Wave