Original post by Olivia Ma, (YouTube News Manager)
Television is stil the main source for the daily news in the home, according to PEW research. Until lately, print and web news content have been absent from the big screen. We've been working with developers to enhance your TV news experience, optimizing both traditional and innovative news sources for Google TV.
- The New York Times offers daily TimesCast video-news updates alongside video blogs and featurettes.
- USA Today has improved reading for the big screen: you can browse through the day in photos, stay up-to-date on sports news, and track the world of business.
- The CNBC News App lets you watch the latest web videos in business news. Follow the markets as they happen and track your personal, customized stock portfolio.
- The Huffington Post brings together the best of traditional news, the blogosphere and opinion reporting in their sleek News Glide web-app.
- The Onion covers "the important stories lesser outlets fail to report" through their comedic style.
On Google TV you can get breaking news from many sources: cable broadcast, the web, blogs, and even citizen journalists.
see also: http://googletv.blogspot.com/2011/01/news-from-any-source.html - http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/find-labs-with-search-as-you-type.html